Free Hits are special Chips or Power-ups that you can use to boost your Fantasy Points in a Single Match during an active round.
Here’s how it works:
Before the start of the match, click on the Free Hit icon located at the bottom of the Home screen to select one of the 3 Free Hits to apply for that match.
Few things to keep in mind before selecting Free Hits:
You CANNOT make changes to Free Hits once selected, so make your selection carefully.
You can only select a Free Hit before the start of a match, after the match starts you won’t be able to select or make changes to the Free Hit for that match.
You can select ONLY ONE Free Hit per match.
You can use all 3 free hits in each Round, but each Free Hit CANNOT be used MORE than once in a Round.
If you do not have any players in your Fantasy Team who are playing in that real-life match, you will not get any Free Hit bonus points.
Unused Free Hits will NOT be carried forward to the next Round.
In simple words, for Star Skipper, your Captain will earn 3X points instead of the regular 2X points.
There are a total of 3 Free Hits:
- Super Striker - Players will get 6X of the BONUS points for every Four they hit in that match.
- Super Striker Free Hit does not apply to the points for runs; it only applies to the Bonus points received for each Four.
- This means that you will get a total of 5 points for every 4 that is hit (4x0.5 = 2 points for Runs scored and 6X0.5 = 3 bonus points)
- Bowling Machine - Player will get 2X points for every wicket (except Run Outs.) This means that if a Player from your team takes a wicket you will get 12x2 = 24 points.
- The Bowling Machine Free Hit DOES NOT apply to the 4 & 5 wicket haul bonus points.
- Star Skipper - Your Captain’s points will be tripled (3X points) instead of only being doubled after using this Free Hit only if the Captain of your team is playing in that match.
- Eg: Suppose your Captain earned a total of 20 points in a match (as per Fantasy Stats), if the Star Skipper Free Hit is applied, the Captain will get a total of 60 points.
- Star Skipper Free Hit will only apply to the Captain and not to the Vice Captain.
If your team’s Captain is not playing in that match, the Free Hit will not apply and cannot be used again in that round.
Remember, the Star Skipper Free Hit will only give your Captain 3X points for his performance in that match and no other matches in the Round for which he will continue to receive 2x points.